Char Siu Pork Roast
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.
- Cuisine: American
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress